This ad is expired.
Assistant Director, Customer Service
About the Opportunity
The Assistant Director for Customer Service assists in supporting and promoting positive customer experiences within the Student Financial Services department and the Enrollment Management (EM) division. This position will maintain focus on quality service delivery across all available service channels including phone, email, in-person, and remote appointments.
1) Customer Experience
- Assists and manages frontline Customer Service staff to communicate and meet service expectations.
- Monitors and manages service volume unit response times and identifies trends in customer need and behavior.
- Query and Complaint resolution.
- Maintains focus on quality service delivery across available service channels including phone, email, in-person, and remote appointments.
2) Direct Customer Engagement
- Advises and counsels prospective and enrolled students and families on the availability of financial aid and the delivery process for receiving it.
- Advises on student account standing balances and financing options.
- Serves as a steward for intuitional policy and escalates appropriate cases for reconsideration or appeal.
- Represents the University at in-person and virtual recruiting and yield events.
- Launches and supports new Customer Service initiatives and works with in-unit managers to meet deadlines and turnaround times for special projects and cyclical needs.
3) Training & Communications
- Collaborates with and trains Enrollment Management partners including the Enrollment Management Contact Center.
- Supports all staff and in-unit training to document and reinforce CX expectations and standards for success.
- Actively participates in weekly meetings, creates and delivers training, and works to communicate updates and announcements in a timely manner.
- Maintains open communication and works to build rapport with all EM partners.
- Assists with the development of Customer Service written policies, materials, and reference resources.
- Must have a high level of customer service skills and attention to detail.
- Experience using PowerFAIDS and Banner preferred. Experience with project management.
- Ability to organize time and work under pressure and deliver quality outcomes on time.
- Skilled at using Microsoft Access, Excel, and Word to aggregate data, create appropriate internal and public communications, and produce management reports.
- Strong written and verbal communications skills.
- Knowledge and skills required for this position are typically acquired through the completion of a Bachelor's Degree; Master's preferred.
- One to three years of progressively responsible experience in a financial aid/student financial services office.
- Prior supervisory experience strongly desired.
Northeastern University considers factors such as candidate work experience, education and skills when extending an offer.
Northeastern has a comprehensive benefits package for benefit eligible employees. This includes medical, vision, dental, paid time off, tuition assistance, wellness & life, retirement- as well as commuting & transportation. Visit https://hr.northeastern.edu/benefits/ for more information.
Northeastern University is an equal opportunity employer, seeking to recruit and support a broadly diverse community of faculty and staff. Northeastern values and celebrates diversity in all its forms and strives to foster an inclusive culture built on respect that affirms inter-group relations and builds cohesion.
All qualified applicants are encouraged to apply and will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, age, sex, sexual orientation, disability status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.
To learn more about Northeastern University's commitment and support of diversity and inclusion, please see www.northeastern.edu/diversity.
To apply, visit https://northeastern.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com/en-US/careers/job/Boston-MA-Main-Campus/Assistant-Director--Customer-Service_R118302
Copyright 2022 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency