Chair of the Department of Marketing and Professional Sales
Job ID: 265042
Location: Kennesaw, Georgia
Full/Part Time: Full Time
For more than 50 years, Kennesaw State University has been known for its entrepreneurial spirit and sense of community. A leader in innovative teaching and learning, Kennesaw State is located just north of Atlanta, and combines a suburban setting on two metro-Atlanta campuses in Kennesaw and Marietta. As one of Georgia's largest universities, Kennesaw State offers undergraduate and graduate degrees, including a growing number of doctoral programs. A member of the University System of Georgia, Kennesaw State is a Carnegie-designated doctoral research institution (R2) committed to becoming a world-class academic institution positioned to broaden its academic and research missions and expand its scope on a local, regional and national level. For more information, visit kennesaw.edu.
Our Kennesaw campus is located at 1000 Chastain Road NW, Kennesaw, GA 30144. Our Marietta campus is located at 1100 South Marietta Parkway, Marietta, GA 30060.
Dedicated to excellence in marketing and professional sales education and based in one of the most important cities in America for business - Atlanta, the faculty in the Department of Marketing and Professional Sales prepare tomorrow's leaders. Here students learn by doing, make critical connections, and become career ready with creative and analytical skills needed to succeed. Therefore, our focus is on hiring faculty who contribute to this high standard in the classroom and whose research is innovative, collaborative, and relevant.
Kennesaw State University is now accepting applications for a full-time, twelve-month, administrative faculty position as a tenured Professor and Chair of the Department of Marketing and Professional Sales that begins July 1, 2024.
The Department of Marketing and Professional Sales is seeking a capable, collegial, innovative leader to build on the strong innovative culture of the department and help to support the degree programs, center, and other course offerings that benefit our students.
The Chair shall serve as the facilitative and academic leader of the Department of Marketing and Professional Sales with primary responsibilities including but not limited to:
- Developing an innovative strategic vision, mission, and strategies to transform the department in line with the College's and University's priorities that reflects different perspectives within the discipline.
- Achieving university goals for R2 status (e.g., opportunities for high-quality research, interdisciplinary programs/research, effective teaching, student success, business engagement).
- Growing undergraduate programs and developing timely curriculum.
- Driving student success and graduation rates.
- Supporting graduate programs (e.g., MBA, Georgia WebMBA, Ph.D.).
- Leading the department's marketing and alumni relations.
- Managing different perspectives from many different disciplines in the unit.
- Supporting a transparent shared governance environment.
- Managing, developing, and supporting faculty and staff.
- Ability to mentor and motivate employees to high performance.
- Advocating for the needs and interests of the department's programs, students, and faculty.
- Leading external business engagement in promoting different programs and supporting College fundraising goals.
Teaching assignments will be based on earned degrees and SACSCOC Faculty Credentials Guidelines.
- A terminal degree (or the foreign equivalent), in Marketing, (or one of its sub-disciplines), or related field, with an academic background and appropriate credentials to be a tenured Professor in the Department of Marketing and Professional Sales in the Coles College of Business at KSU is required.
- An ability to successfully develop and implement a strategic vision.
- Experience and interest in working in an environment that includes diverse disciplines and a diverse student population.
- Administrative experiences such as dealing with budgets, hiring, retention, performance management, etc.
- Commitment to developing relationships and building a strong culture.
- Ability to adapt to changes in the environment, policies, and strategic focus.
- Ability to communicate effectively and frequently with transparency as needed.
- A sustained, strong record of publication in high quality peer-reviewed disciplinary journals along with notable achievements and/or recognition of scholarship among peers in the discipline.
- Evidence of effective teaching in multiple modalities and at all levels (e.g., graduate and undergraduate) or area (sub-discipline).
- A strong understanding of the academic disciplines and the center housed in the Department of Marketing and Professional Sales.
- Prior success in obtaining extramural funding and business engagement.
- An understanding and willingness to contribute to AACSB accreditation processes.
Required Documents to Attach
- Cover Letter
- Unofficial Transcripts (Official Transcripts and Official International Course-by-Course Evaluations Due Upon Hire)
- A statement of leadership philosophy
- Names, phone numbers, and email addresses of at least 4 references
Apply Before Date
Application deadline is December 1, 2023.
For questions about this faculty opening, please contact Terry W. Loe, Ph.D., firstname.lastname@example.org, (471)578-2017.
For technical support or assistance completing a job application, please contact the Shared Services Center at (877) 251-2644 or email@example.com.
For questions about a specific job posting at Kennesaw State University, please contact the search chair listed under the contact information section on each posting. For general questions about faculty jobs please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Kennesaw State University is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. The University is committed to maintaining a fair and respectful environment for living, work and study. To that end, and in accordance with federal and state law, Board of Regents policy, and University policy, the University prohibits harassment of or discrimination against any person because of race, color, sex (including sexual harassment, pregnancy, and medical conditions related to pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, ethnicity or national origin, religion, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran or military status by any member of the KSU Community on campus, in connection with a University program or activity, or in a manner that creates a hostile environment for members of the KSU community.
For additional information or to file a complaint under the provisions of this policy, students, employees, applicants for employment or admission or other third parties should contact the Office of Institutional Equity at English Building, Suite 202, email@example.com, or by making a report at the following website: https://diversity-kennesaw-advocategme.symplicity.com/public_report/index.php/pid734945.
Per the University System of Georgia background check policy, all final candidates will be required to consent to a criminal background investigation. Final candidates may be asked to disclose criminal record history during the initial screening process and prior to a conditional offer of employment. Applicants for positions of trust with screening results which confirm a disqualifying criminal history will be immediately disqualified from employment eligibility.
All applicants are required to include professional references as part of their application process. Some positions may require additional job-based screenings such as motor vehicle report, credit check, pre-employment drug screening and/or verification of academic credentials.
To apply, visit https://careers.hprod.onehcm.usg.edu/psp/careers/CAREERS/HRMS/c/HRS_HRAM_FL.HRS_CG_SEARCH_FL.GBL?Page=HRS_APP_JBPST_FL&Action=U&FOCUS=Applicant&SiteId=43000&JobOpeningId=265042&PostingSeq=1
Copyright 2022 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency